ColepCCL goes Latin American in Brazilian Aerosol Joint Venture

ColepCCL, a RAR Group company, today announced a joint venture with Provider to invest in a state of the art aerosol filling plant in Brazil. With this step, ColepCCL realises its first strategic expansion outside of Europe.

As a leading contract manufacturer of aerosols, liquids and packaging solutions, ColepCCL will join forces with Provider, Brazil’s leading supplier of personal care and homecare liquid products, to create an operation that will meet the highest international standards.

The deal allows both partners to take maximum advantage of the anticipated market growth in aerosols and consumer goods in Latin America and offer its customer base transatlantic contract manufacturing solutions.

This venture brings a wealth of experience in aerosols from ColepCCL, and clear Latin American market knowledge from Provider. The new company will serve the major brand owners’ aerosol outsourcing needs and will exploit the opportunities to introduce new products into the Brazilian and Latin American markets.

The new company will trade as CPA, and will operate from a new factory, based in Itatiba, near São Paulo. The Board of Directors of CPA will have members appointed by both shareholders. Fábio Zalaquett, one of the Provider Group’s shareholders, will become the CEO of CPA.

ColepCCL will hold a 51% share in CPA, whilst Provider will hold the remaining 49%.

“This venture gives us the opportunity to offer high quality, robust, sustainable aerosol solutions to the Latin American market. Furthermore, we will use our joint market knowledge, and innovative approach to immediately create new products and solutions for our customers,” said ColepCCL’s CEO Vítor Neves (pictured on the right, outside the CPA factory).

Fábio Zalaquett added, "We will be able to change the nature of the aerosol industry in Brazil. With new product categories from Europe and a shared passion for innovation, the opportunities are huge. We expect to re-shape the supply chain for aerosols in Brazil”.

The new manufacturing facility based in Itatiba, 70km from São Paulo, is ideally located to serve the main markets of Brazil. Initially with 3 aerosol filling lines, 150 million units annual capacity and a 50 people workforce, CPA will offer a pioneering operation, and will be able to meet the highest requirements of the global market.

The new factory will be operational during the first quarter of 2011.